- 3-4 ripe nectarines or peaches, washed and sliced into wedges
- 1/4 cup or so of fresh blueberries
- one small bunch salad onions (green), sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of real butter, not margarine
- 2 large bunches of fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons high quality olive oil
- 1/2 cup high quality Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta and cook the pasta while preparing the sauce.
Clean basil and chop the leaves finely (reserve a few nice big leaves for garnish). Set aside.
Heat butter over low/medium heat in a large pan until it just begins to get fragrant. Add sliced fruit and salad onions and toss gently. Heat just to warm the nectarines, not to cook them.
Add basil to the tangerines and cover, removing from heat.
To serve, place each serving of pasta on a warm plate. Pour some of the butter sauce over and arrange some nectarine slices on top. Sprinkle with half the cheese, and garnish with whole basil leaves and scattered blueberries. Salt and pepper to taste. Pass remaining cheese with the pasta.