Philip L. Siteman Professor of Marketing
Campus Box 1133
Washington University in St. Louis
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO 63130-4899
Phone: (314) 935-6096
Fax: (314) 935-6359
Marketing Management (MBA)
Empirical Methods in Business (PhD)
Honors Seminar (Undergrad.)
Selected Recent Published and Forthcoming Papers
- “Additive Digital Content Consumption and Strategic Self-Control: An Empirical Study,” (co-authored with Shuo Zhang, Xiaoyi Wang and Xueming Luo.) Forthcoming at Marketing Science.
- “Direct and Indirect Reciprocity in Team Conflict: Relational Aspects of Vicarious Retribution in Major League Baseball,” (co-authored with William P. Bottom and Xing Zhang.) Forthcoming at Journal of Applied Psychology.
- “How Does Bonus Payment Affect the Demand for Auto Loans and Their Delinquency?” (co-authored with Zhenling Jiang and Dennis J. Zhang.) Journal of Marketing Research, 58 (3), 476-496.
- “Consumer Search and Purchase: An Empirical Investigation of the Search-Based Retargeting Policy,” (co-authored with Zhenling Jiang, Hai Che and Youwei Wang.) Marketing Science, 40 (2), 219-240.
- “The Influence of Peers in Worker Misconduct: Evidence from Restaurant Theft,” (co-authored with Yijun Chen, Lamar Pierce and Dan Snow.) Forthcoming at Manufacturing and Service Operations Management.
- “A Salesforce-Driven Model of Consumer Choice,” (co-authored with Bicheng Yang and Raphael Thomadsen.) Forthcoming at Marketing Science.
- “Information Asymmetry, Manufacturer-Retailer Contracts, and Two-Sided Entry” (co-authored with Alvin Murphy and Li Wang.) International Economic Review, Vol 59, Issue 4, November 2018, pp. 2163-2191.
- “Advertising and Price Competition in a Manufacturer-Retailer Channel,” (co-authored with Yeujun Yoon and Chakravarthi Narasimhan.) International Journal of Research in Marketing, Volume 34, Issue 3, September 2017, Pages 694-716.
- “Behavioral Price Discrimination in the Presence of Switching Costs,” (co-authored with Koray Cosguner and P.B. (Seethu) Seetharaman.) Marketing Science, Volume 36, Issue 3, 2018, pp. 426-435.
- “Price Search and Periodic Price Discounts” (co-authored with Xing Zhang and Ying Xie.) Management Science, Volume 64, Issue 2, February 2018, pp. 495-510.
- “Dynamic Pricing in a Distribution Channel in the Presence of Switching Costs,” (co-authored with Koray Cosguner and P.B. (Seethu) Seetharaman.) Management Science, Vol. 64, No. 3, March 2018, pp. 1212–1229.
- “What Happens When Manufacturers Perform the Retailing Functions?” (co-authored with Jia Li and Michael Lewis.) Production and Operations Management, Vol. 25, No. 8, August 2016, pp. 1391–1403.
- “Health, Risky Behavior and the Value of Medical Innovation for Infectious Disease” (with Barton Hamilton and Nick Papageorge.) Review of Economic Studies, Volume 83, Issue 4, 1 October 2016, pp. 1465–1510.
- “The Economic Value of Online Reviews” (co-authored with Hai Che, Chunhua Wu and Xianghua Lu.) Marketing Science, 2015, Vol. 34, No. 5, 2015, pp. 739 - 754.
- “Consumer Search Activities and the Value of Ad Positions in Sponsored Search Advertising” (co-authored with Young-Hoon Park.) Marketing Science, July-August 2015, Vol. 34, No. 4.
- “Learning from Peers: Knowledge Transfer and Sales Force Productivity Growth,” (co-authored with Jia Li and Lamar Pierce.) Marketing Science, March 2014, Vol. 33, Issue 4 (lead article).
- “Compensation and Peer Effects in Competing Sales Teams,” (co-authored with Jia Li and Lamar Pierce.) Management Science, March 2014, Vol. 60, Issue 8.