Olin Labs & PaperCut
Olin's lab printers use the campus PaperCut printer accounting system.
- When you print from a lab PC, you will be prompted to logon with your WUSTL Key username and password.
- The default printer in the main lab is BU - Simon Lab - B&W. Jobs sent to this printer will be directed to one of the two HP printers depending on availability.
- The color printer in the main lab is BU - Simon Lab - Color, and jobs sent to it will be directed to one of the two Xerox color printers depending on availability.
- You can print to select lab printers from your laptop. See the Laptop Printing section below for instructions and download links.
There is also a program you can use to remove the old Olin printers from Windows. (Windows)
- When you print from your laptop, print jobs are held until you release them at a printer release station. See the table below for the location of printer release stations.
Multiple printers are available to students in the Simon Hall computer labs. Details are listed in the table below.
Location Printer Type Printer Name Default Stations Cost Features Laptop
Computer Lab HP LaserJet 4515 BU - Simon Lab - B&W Main Lab $0.04/page
2-Sided Yes HP Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP BU - Simon Lab - Color Main Lab Color $0.25/page ($0.20/side duplex)
B&W $0.04/page ($0.03/side duplex)
2-Sided, Color, Scan to Email, Copier Yes Express Labs HP LaserJet 4350 BU - Simon Express Lab BSBA Express 1-2
2-Sided No HP LaserJet 4350 BU - Simon Express Lab MBA Express 4-7 $0.04/page
2-Sided No HP LaserJet 4515 BU - Simon Express Lab 2 Express 8-14 $0.04/page
2-Sided No HP LaserJet 4515 BU - Simon Express Lab 3 Express 15-17 $0.04/page
2-Sided Yes BSBA Lounge HP LaserJet 4515 BU - Simon BSBA Lounge Lounge 3-5 $0.04/page
2-Sided Yes MBA Lounge HP Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP BU - Simon MBA Lounge - Color Color $0.25/page ($0.20/side duplex)
B&W $0.04/page ($0.03/side duplex)
2-Sided, Color, Scan to Email, Copier Yes Knight Center
HP LaserJet 8150 P-LAB-EMBA $0.04/page
There are three printers you can use from your laptop. These are virtual printers where your jobs will be held until you release them at a release station.
Visit the STS web site for Setup Instructions.
- WUSTLprint : Black & white printing. Release at Business, ArtSci, and other Danforth campus locations.
- WUSTLprint-color : Color printing. Release at Business.
- STSprint : Release at STS Residential Labs.
After you have the printers installed on your laptop, you are ready to print.
- Print your document to the appropriate printer (WUSTLprint, WUSTLprint-color, or STSprint).
- Go to the release station for the printer where you want your document to print.
- Logon to PaperCut with your WUSTL Key username and password. Do NOT use your Olin username and password!
- Your documents will be listed along with the page count and cost to release the job. Click Print to print your document. Click Cancel to cancel the job without printing. If you print the job, the cost will be charged to your quota or to your Campus Card account if your quota is gone.
- Business Degree Candidates: $70 per year
- Business Majors/Minors: $40 per year
You can check your Printing Account Balance online at https://printing.wustl.edu:9192 with your WUSTL Key username and password.
If you use up your printing quota before the end of the semester, print jobs will be charged to your Campus Card account.
Dedicated printers are available at stations 6, 9, and 12 for use with your own resume paper. Students are not permitted to insert their own paper into other printer trays. Students who only need to print out their resume may request, tactfully and within reason, to temporarily use any of these stations for resume printing if all resume printing stations are in use.