|Email / Spam / Viruses|
Student Disk Quota
Creating Web Pages
FAQ - PasswordsPassword Rules | Change Olin Password | Reset an Expired Password | Change Blackboard Password | Forgotten Password
Important! We now have a self-service password reset system that you can use if you ever forget your password. You must setup your profile in advance to use the system.
Password RulesTo ensure that all users have secure passwords, your password must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least seven characters in length.
- May not contain all or part of your username or display name.
- Must include three of the four categories: upper case letters (A..Z), lower case letters (a..z), numbers (0..9), and symbols (e.g. "$","!","#")
- Must be different than the previous six passwords used.
- Can be changed only once per day.
- Must be changed at least once per year. You will be reminded via email before your password expires.
How do I change my password?Note: Passwords are case-sensitive, i.e. upper- and lowercase letters are not the same.
Using an Olin PC (lab, classroom, office, etc.)
- While logged in, press
- A dialog box will appear with several buttons. Click "Change Password..."
- You will be asked once for your old password, then twice for your new password.
Using a Web Browser
Important Note for Olin Staff & Faculty: MyPassword is intended for people who do not have an Olin PC or are away from the office. You should use the instructions provided above for changing your password on an Olin PC. Not doing so can cause issues, especially if you have a laptop with SafeBoot (aka McAfee endpoint Encryption) installed.
- Go to myPassword and click Change my Password
- Enter your username and password, then click Continue.
- You can click Generate Password for the system to create a password for you. After you make note of your new password, click Change Password.
If you want to select your own password, select Enter, then enter your new password where indicated, and click Change Password.
My password has expired. What should I do?
You will receive an email notification before your password expires. Notifications will be sent at 30 days, 14 days, seven days, and one day before your password expires. After your password expires, you will receive a final notification.
If you logon to an Olin PC or Outlook Web Access (OWA) you will also see a reminder to change your password, starting 14 days before your password expires, you will be reminded to change your password every time you logon. If you do not change your password before it expires, you will not be able to logon until you change your password. Please note that you will need to myPassword to change your password. You cannot do so from within Outlook Web Access.
- If you have setup your Password reset Profile, you can use myPassword to reset your password.
- You can either logon to an Olin PC and change it when prompted. If you are off-campus, you can logon to Outlook Web Access and you will also be prompted to change your password.
How do I create a Password Reset profile?
Make sure that you edit your Password Reset profile as soon as possible after receiving your account. The system will not reset your password unless you can provide answers to the questions in your profile.
- Go to myPassword and click Edit my Profile.
- Enter your username and password and click Continue.
- For the first question, select a question from the dropdown list, then provide an answer.
- For the second question, provide your own question and answer.
- Click Update
I forgot my password. How can I reset it?
If you cannot remember your password, you may reset it online. You will only be able to reset your password if you created a Password Reset Profile.
- Go to myPassword and click Reset my Password
- Enter your username and click Continue.
- Provide your answer to the first question and click Continue.
- Provide your answer to the second question and click Continue.
- If you provided the correct answers, you can reset your password. You can click Generate Password for the system to create a password for you. After you make note of your new password, click Reset Password. If you want to select your own password, select Enter, then enter your new password where indicated, and click Reset Password.
If you have not completed your Password Reset Profile, the lab consultants in the Simon Hall computer lab can reset your password if you show photo ID.
How do I change my Blackboard password?
Your Blackboard account and Olin account are the same account. Follow the instructions provided for changing your Olin password. You cannot change your password in Blackboard.