|Student Computing Handbook|
If you have Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Mac mail provides full support for Exchange 2007. Make sure you use the Mac OS X 10.6 instructions.
These instructions assume that you have never setup any email accounts in Mac Mail
1. Choose Applications\Mail and click continue 2. Change the Account Type to IMAP, enter an Account Description, your name and email address, then click Continue. 3.Enter mail.olin.wustl.edu for the incoming mail server and type in your Olin Business School username and password in the appropriate field, then click Continue.
4. The outgoing mail server is the same as the incoming mail server from the previous step: mail.olin.wustl.edu. Place a check mark next to Use Authentication and enter your Olin Business School username and password. Click Continue.
You will get a summary screen detailing the settings you just made, click Continue.
The Conclusion page appears, you can create another account if you choose or just click Done.
5. Open the mail preferences menu, select your account, and click Edit.
Click the Advanced tab and change the authentication to Password.
Click on the Account Information Tab.
6. Click the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) list and select "Edit Server List".
Select your server for Olin and click Advanced, change Authentication from NTLM to Password and click OK.
7. Important Note: Mail\Preferences\Composing
Under the addressing section, make sure that Send new mail from: is the account your just set up, otherwise you will not be able to send mail from your Olin account.
8. To configure the Address Book (so that you can look up Olin and WUSTL email addresses)
Select the Configure LDAP button
9.Press the + sign to add an address book.
Fill out the page with the information in the screenshot to the right for all Olin Business School email addresses.
NOTE: in the username area, your actual username should be entered not the word "username"
The lower screen shot is for the WUSTL directory
10. Signatures: Choose Prefences\Signatures
Highlight the IMAP Account, press the + sign and name the signature in the 2nd column. In the 3rd column, type the signature that you want to use.
Click the All Signatures in the 1st column...this allows you to select teh choose signature at the bottom...otherwise is always says None.