|Email / Spam / Viruses|
Student Disk Quota
Creating Web Pages
We hope the information services you received at Olin helped make your time here more productive and enjoyable. As you wrap up classes and finals in the weeks before commencement, we ask that you prepare for your online life after Olin. Unfortunately we are not able to provide the same suite of services to alumni that you enjoy as a student. Internet access, email, and web sites, are some of the items you may need to transition from Olin to a new source.
To help you with this process, we've provided a list of items to make sure you do not miss any items before accounts are deleted.
Things to Do:
- If you haven't done so already, activate your GO email account.
- Copy any files from your network drive to a flash drive, hard drive, computer, CD, DVD, etc.
- Decide how you want to access your Class Open List. Your class open list is converted to a private forum for your classmates to exchange messages. You can use email or the web to submit and read messages on this list.
If you decide you want to post messages to the list via the web, you can stay subscribed using your @wustl.edu address.
If you decide you want to change your email address on your class open list to a different email address, do the following:
- If you know your Open List password, skip to Step 4. Otherwise go to Step 2.
- Open the ListManager Password Request Page, enter your @wustl.edu address, and click Submit.
- You will receive a message containing a link where you can select a password for your Open List account. Open the link and create a new password.
- Go to the Open List web page: http://lists.olin.wustl.edu/read/my_forums/
- You will be prompted to enter your email address (your @wustl.edu address) followed by your password.
- Click the My Account tab
- Enter your new email address and click Save Changes
- Accounts for Olin graduates (BSBA, Business Minors & Majors, MACC, MBA, MSFIN, MSSCM, PMBA, EMBA) will be kept active for six months after graduation. If you have not accepted a job at that time, you may request an account extension. Accounts will not be deleted until December 1 (for May grads), March 1 for August grads, and July 1 for December grads. so there is no need to request an extension before then.
- Accounts for non-Olin graduates will be kept active for two months after graduation. Accounts will be deleted on August 1 (for May grads), November 1 (for August grads), and March 1 (for December grads).
- Alumni accounts do not have access to the proxy server and are therefore unable to access library databases and other University-restricted sites from off-campus locations. Licensing agreements with the publishers of these databases require that we restrict access to only active students.
When does my account expire?
If you are an Olin graduate (BSBA, Business Minors & Majors, MACC, MBA, MSFIN, MSSCM, PMBA, EMBA), your Olin account will be deleted six months after graduation (December 1 for May grads, March 1 for August grads, and July 1 for December grads). We do not provide accounts to alumni except under special circumstances.
If you are a non-Olin graduate your Olin account will be deleted two months after graduation (August 1 for May grads, November 1 for August grads, and March 1 for December grads).
Your GO email account will remain open. This mail account is yours to keep as an alumnus.
Will you forward my email?
If you have activated your GO email account, mail sent to your @wustl.edu address will continue to be delivered to that mailbox. You may continue to use that mailbox as an alumnus. If you want to forward mail to some other address, you can setup forwarding yourself. See the Helpful Resources link on the Go Site.
If you have not activated your GO account and do not plan to ever use it, you can provide a forwarding address to Alumni & Development, and mail sent to your @wustl.edu address will be forwarded. Use the Update Your Address form. As long as you keep this information up-to-date, you will always be able to receive messages sent to that address.
Mail sent to your local address (@olin.wustl.edu) will NOT be forwarded after your account is deleted. If you previously gave someone your @olin.wustl.edu address, make sure you let them know your @wustl address before your account is deleted.
Will you extend my account?
All Olin graduates can continue to use their accounts for six months after graduation.You may have your account and/or forwarding extended past that time:
- you are still working with the Weston Career Center on job placement opportunities,
- you are finishing an incomplete course, or
- you are continuing to perform research with a professor.
If you meet these conditions, and you are within one month of your account deletion date, you can request that your account be extended by contacting the Help Desk (email@example.com) with details of your situation.
What happens to my files on the Network?
Your files will be deleted when your account is deleted. We request that you move your files from the network before you leave campus.
What happens to my web pages?
Your web pages (if you have any) will be accessible through the account deletion date. If you want to save your pages so you can transfer them to your new account (wherever that may be), copy the files from M:\www\.
Why can't I use the proxy server to access library databases?
The publishers of these databases require that we restrict access to these resources to active students only. Access by alumni is specifically prohibited.